BMW Motorrad officially unveiled a first look at the long-awaited BMW R NineT. Teased previously as the “Boxer” model, the R NineT is the culmination of BMW’s year-long celebration of 90 years making motorcycles.
What We Know Right Now:
– 1170cc air/oil cooled flat twin boxer producing 110 hp at 7750RPM and 88 lbs.-ft. of torque at 6000RPM
– Exhaust system features two silencers on the left with multiple options for customization
– Tubular steel spaceframe incorporates the engine as a load bearing element
– Removable pillion frame allows the nineT to carry a passenger or be set up for just a solo rider
– Borrows telescopic forks from the BMW S1000RR
– Single sided swingarm in the back with a central sprung strut
– Wire-spoke wheels with black anodized alloy, non-flanged rims
– Braking system composed of radial 4-piston monoblock brake calipers with floating 320 millimeter brake discs and ABS
– The 4.75 gal fuel tank is hand painted and coated
No information has been revealed in regards to pricing, but we imagine BMW will release information soon enough.